Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2007

This is why I geocache...


Today was one of those days...you know, one of those days where you don't know what you want to do...should you stay home or should you go out, and if you go out, where should you go? It was obvious Jenna was bored and was going to drive me nuts all day if I didn't have **something** for her to do. So about noon, I told her to get ready we were going to the zoo. I had heard of this zoo through geocaching. Yes, there is a geocache there, and for those of you who know me well, you know that is enough reason for me to go. The zoo part was gravy on this whole trip.

We get to the zoo and find the cache. Then we head in. It is the neatest place. It's not huge by any means, but it has a big variety of animals to see. We've been to the Asheboro zoo and you just don't get close up like you do here. The workers there are awesome. We got a lot of personal attention. They brought some animals out for us to see and touch. Jenna even got to hold one! (see pic!) She's a lot braver than I am. They give you a baggie of corn to feed the animals while you are going through. That is a lot of fun. I can't wait to go back & hopefully share this place with friends.



We finished up the day with some more geocaching in Jacksonville. One of the caches took us to a great playground and that is always a hit for Jenna. Thanks to geocaching, our ho-hum Sunday afternoon turned out to be a really fun adventure!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

that is so cool, you'll have to let me know where it is :)

Didi said...

What a great time! I love the picture of her with the snake! I would love to get DH into geocaching...it is funny how easy it is to find GPS now...I looked 2 years ago for one for him and nobody knew what I was looking for! Now even some convienance stores have them! LOL

Treighsie said...

That is really cool!! I'm glad you had an adventure!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful geocaching trip. Jenna is brave holding a snake.

Unknown said...

What a brave girl Jenna is :)
Looks like so much fun!