Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Reason #1701 Why I Love My Husband

I am very much into geocaching, and one of my online scrapping friends is into geocaching too. I have a travel bug that is headed her way. It's first leg of the trip will be with some other cachers. They are leaving from Cary, NC and headed to New Zealand...taking my travel bug with them. This will definitely get this travel bug headed in the right direction. I was doing some figuring and realized that my travel bug will travel over 8,500 miles during this trip! Which in turn means that my friend is over 8,500 miles from me. Wow...I just never realized that it was that far. My hubby and I had a small discussion about my home coords and my friend's home coords. Just from looking at the coords, she is practically on the other side of the world from me. So my hubby, who has travelled several times to Australia and has looked at the globe way more than I have, says, "If you draw a line from our house through the center of the Earth, you will come out in Australia." Well that is neat...never thought of that. This very well proves that she is on the other side of the world from me. Our conversation ends. I go on to other things on the computer, and he does his thing on his computer. Several minutes later, out of the blue, he says, "Well, I was close." Apparently, he was really curious about drawing the line from our house through the center of the Earth towards Australia. He had a diagram of the Earth on his computer, had made a model, drawn the line, and lo' and behold, right off the coast of Australia. Bingo. Not only will he say it, but he will prove it too.

Yes...reason #1701 why I love my husband.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is very cool that K would do that for you. I better get out my shovel & start digging & see where I come out. LOL

Amy Marie said...

Cool clear through to Australia.... I've actually been back out cacheing... it had been a while but once I go I wonder why it took me so long... I can't believe you have over 2000 finds I just got over 30 :)

Didi said...

LOL...that sounds like something my son would do!