Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Just go...

There's some things I've had in mind to do, but for one reason or another, I've been putting them off. I've decided enough of that, I just need to go. Today was one of those days. K has been home on vacation and I know he appreciates a little quiet time. So, Jenna, the neighbor girls, and I went off on an adventure today.

Our first stop was Bennett Place. This is a really neat historical area. I heard about this place through caching and wanted to check it out.

Here are some pics:





We had a really nice time exploring the area and finding the nearby geocache.

The next stop was the NC Museum of Life and Sciences (or something like that). I had taken Alyssa here when she was in the 3rd grade and really wanted to share that experience with Jenna too. I wish Alyssa would have wanted to go with us, but she decided to stay home. The first thing we saw were a few dinosaurs - very cool! After playing for a little bit, we headed to the cafe. Next on our stop was the butterfly house.



This is my **favorite** part. They have so many different types of butterflies in there. They fly around as they wish,and if you are lucky, you will get one to land on you.



The girls really loved riding the train. There wasn't much to see, but it was a really cool train!



We all had a fantastic time, and about midway home, I managed to get this photo.



I had a great time. It was great to get out & explore, just to have fun. Sometimes you get all wrapped up in what appears to be the "big stuff" when all along, it is the "little stuff" that is more important. I'm so glad that I took the time to "just go" today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful trip G. The photos are great especially the one of them tuckered out in the back seat. At least it would have made for a quiet ride home.

Unknown said...

I just your photos,G!
What a fabulous,relaxing trip for you.

Treighsie said...

That looks like so much fun!! Jenna is lucky to have a fun mom like you! And I love the sleeping pic!