Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Wild Ride



On Wednesday, we all piled up in the car and headed to Kings Dominion in Virginia. I haven't been in years, since before Jenna was born. Alyssa had been feeling like all she does is work so I thought this would make a fun day for us. I was glad that her friend was able to go with us because I knew it would be more fun for her to have someone to ride with. I like riding the coasters (the more mild ones) but with my back the way it has been lately, I knew that would be a bad choice for me.

We headed out about 7am and got there when the park opened. It was already to hot...the kind of hot where all you have to do is stand there and you'll break a sweat. We were lucky to get a parking spot right up front. As soon as we walked in, we saw Dora! Jenna still loves Dora so this was a treat for her.



After that, we headed towards the water park section. We had brought all our swim stuff and was going to put it in the lockers there. On the way, we came across Drop Zone...one of the craziest rides on this earth. It carries you way high...probably 10 stories, then drops you, and then a quick brake at the bottom. Since there was hardly any line, Alyssa & Jaye got on. I remember riding something like this with my Dad way back when. I had no desire to ride something like that again!



So on to the water park...and I was ready to get wet once I got there. Jenna & I changed and headed to the water activities while Alyssa & Jaye went to ride some coasters. Have I mentioned how grateful I am that Jaye was with us? Jenna and I had lots of fun playing in the water area. She is getting a little bit more confident with the water, but still a little skiddish. She does love the lazy river though...not floating, just running with the current. We played for a few hours and then went to have some lunch. After lunch, Jenna took a short nap on the bench. I guess she really got worn out from the water. Once she woke up, we headed to the rides. We were lucky that the park was not very busy that day. Jenna got to ride some rides twice, without even getting off. Her favorite was definitely the bumper cars! She rode that 5 times!



I thought she'd be upset when other kids bumped her, but she loved it. They would bump and she would just laugh! It was so fun to watch.

By the end of the day, we all were exhausted. I still had to drive home since both the big kids had to work the next day. We only made one pitstop on the way home...making it home by 11:30. It was a wild day...but lots of fun!

One final picture...this was taken on the way out of the park.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous time at the park. I cant believe how tall Jenna has gotten!

Jenn said...

looks like you had a great time :) you got some great pictures!

Rosemary said...

What a great day you all had, those rides llok like the sort I would enjoy .... watching of course!

Unknown said...

What a fun day. That's really nice that Alyssa had a friend go with her, leaving you to spend some one on one time with Jenna.

Amy Marie said...

Hey I've been there... it's been a while but it was lots of fun... Glad you all had a good time.