Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th!


I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! We deviated from the plan at the last minute. We were going to head to a celebration at a local park, but in the end, I decided that I felt like staying home. K went out and got some red hot dogs and some brats (his new fav..mine too). We grilled out and then headed for the pool. Jenna loves playing in the pool. The neighbor girls came over and she really loves that. We played some pool tag until it started to get dark. I went under for the first time this summer. I forgot how refreshing it was to plunge underwater...aaahhh!



Afterwards, we did a few fireworks in the driveway and then watched our neighbors display. He must have made a SC run, because he had some good ones!! We stayed out in the driveway talking with some other neighbors until almost 11pm. Great food, great fun, and great friends...yep, it was definitely a great 4th of July!

I've been really happy with how Cacher's surgery turned out. He has adapted well with no side effects that I can tell. He doesn't even seem to be bothered that his "parts" are missing. He is back to his old self and the kids have had a blast playing with him. He definitely is the biggest kid in the pack. He jumped up there all by himself & I just couldn't resist the photo op!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fantastic way to celebrate. What could be better than playing in the water, grilling & fireworks.