Pages

Monday, July 9, 2007

Magenta...

Today, that is how I feel. Magenta. It's a description word that comes from the "Golden Girls". I really love that show. The 'magenta' conversation happens in the episode where Blanche dates Dorothy's ex, Stan, because Dorothy asked her to. Blanche and Dorothy have this heartfelt conversation at the end. She talks about feeling 'magenta'...not really blue (sad), not really green (envious), not really red (mad)...just magenta. I wish I could find a direct quote of this as it does explain how I am feeling today. Most of the time I say that I'm feeling a little bit blah and that just about covers it. Maybe I'll get into the habit of calling it magenta.

One of the things that has me feeling magenta is my A's father. He is taking me back to court to try to get his child support reduced. He's already paying a lower amount than what the State of NC recommends...now he wants a bigger discount. My first assumption is that this has something to do with A getting a job. He writes that his work situation is different now. That may be true as I don't keep up with him. It seems awfully fishy that A just got a job & now he wants his child support lessoned. I'll be back in court next month **sigh** Of course, I hope that the State of NC tells him to stand up and be a man. We'll see if that happens.

I'm working on something really neat in my scrapbook room. This has been a hot item on a scrapping board that I visit. I hope to finish it up tonight. Hint, hint, hint...it has something to do with coasters!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hugs and positive thoughts your way, G. I, too, hope NC does right by you and A. Looking forward to seeing your new creation!

Unknown said...

Lots of hugs for you and A...I hope it all works out for the best.
I cant wait to see what you made for your scrap room!

Treighsie said...

What a jerk-- doesn't he realize A's job will give HER some spending money??? Who's best interest does he have in mind???
Good luck.

Jenn said...

That stinks. I hope things work out. Let me know if you need anything :)

Unknown said...

That just stinks G! I hope NC does tell him to be a man about this.
((H U G S))