Pages

Monday, July 30, 2007

The miracle of cooking meat...

Today I was invited over to a friend's house for a Pampered Chef show. Let me start off by saying that I really don't like to cook that much. I wish I had the passion for cooking of someone like...uh, maybe...Rachel Ray **sigh** but I don't. I'm not sure if it is the cooking or if it is the cleaning up afterwards, but somewhere in that process I start wishing that I was doing something different...you know, like digging ditches or picking bugs off my windshield.

But today was different. This lady ~~inspires~~ me...inspires me to be a better "domestic goddess", if you will. She cooks up all these fabulous dishes and she makes it look so easy. She makes me want to go home and cook **something**! Hooray! So after the show, I did just that. I stopped by Food Lion to pick up a few ingredients, and then home to cook. I had some steak that I had taken out to thaw. I got it seasoned and in the fridge to marinate a little bit. Yes! I was cooking steak and even had some vegetables to go with it! Then I started to duplicate the recipe I learned at the show. I'm not exactly sure what it is called, but it is delicious. I spread out the dough, buttered it, sprinkled it with cinnamon sugar, and added the cherries. I rolled it up, sliced it, and into the oven it goes. What a fabulous meal for my family! A friend had stopped by in this process, and even she was impressed with all my domestic goodness. Heck, even I am impressed with myself. Today, I am a very happy homemaker.

The whole process is just finishing up...steak is cooked, veggies done, dessert is ready, and the rolls are just finishing up in the oven, and who comes home from work two hours early? My hubby! Hey, why are you home so early? And his response?

"I heard about the miracle of cooking meat, and I just wanted to see it!"

I busted out laughing so hard. The poor fella heard of a wonderful, home-cooked meal and he came home from work two hours early to get it. Like he was going to get some of my food after that remark?? Is he insane?? Nah, we had a good laugh over it and had a wonderful dinner. Of course, this whole cooking streak (is it a streak when you only do it once?) probably won't last long. I'm glad he was able to come home and enjoy the meal while it was hot.

Oh yes, how could I forget...here is my yummy dessert that I made. Really simple & oh, so delicious. The red that you see is cherries.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yum that looks divine, it would go really well with the coffee I am drinking right now.

Yippee! for cooked meat & go you for having a good domestic godess day.

Amy Marie said...

G glad you found your Domestic Goddess if she should see mine wandering around could she send her home??

JParnell said...

That looks and sounds scrumptious! So where's the recipe? :)

--Lani

Rosemary said...

DH just caught site of those over my shoulder and told me he wanted some - what have you started Glenda!

Seriously though I love cooking and have the perfect answer, I cook and DH clears up. Saying that I am not a particularly messy cook and tend to clean as I go so there is only normally the dishwasher to load.

Hope you get to keep your Goddess status.

Treighsie said...

That's awesome! And so great that K could enjoy it with you!

Jenn said...

G, my kids want me to make those cherry things, better post the recipie please so I can shut them up :)

Carla said...

Way to go Glenda!!! I'm so proud of you and those rolls looks yummy! I went through a period of time (about 1yr after the wedding) where I hated to cook. I'm completely the opposite now, but I secretly pray for a sexy man to show up & want to wash my dishes!! LOL!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Sounds yummy!! Did you order anything? We love Pampered Chef products. :)

bahama97 said...

Thanks ladies! I've asked my friend for the exact recipe & she said she'll copy it & email it to me. I'll post it for you guys.

Wendy - I really like Pampered Chef too, but it's one of those things that I have to pace myself with. It can add up quickly!

Amy said...

Now that the domestic goddess in you has met the Pampered Chef, you may end up enjoying your streak! I love PC, too...get a stone!

Didi said...

What a funny hubby you have! I love it...'the miracle of cooking meat'!! LOL I think mine would rush home if he got wind of 'the miracle of cleaning house!' bwahhhahaa!!