Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2007

I saw the sign...

I forgot that I had taken two more pics of signs in the garden area across from the Charlotte Convention Center.




I forget what the actual name of the garden area is but it is focused on literature. It is a really neat park area and if you are ever in that area, it is worth a stop by. There is a really yummilicious pizza place right next door that is great for lunch too.

I didn't spend a lot of time shopping at the Vendor Faire. I guess you can say that I had a drive by experience...really just glancing in at all the goodies. If you shopped each and every booth there, you would probably be there forever...not to mention, your VISA would probably get quite the workout! There is one booth I like to take my time at and that is the Embellish It booth. They always carry the latest & greatest on Basic Grey and some other popular lines. I splurged on a set of Crate paper with a matching Bazzill paper pack. Embellish It usually sponsors classes at CKC and the instructor talked me right into the Basic Grey file set. I also picked up a couple sheets of Basic Grey Phoebe to go with some that I already have.



Another one of my favorite booths to go to is the dollar booth. It has the same wonderful appeal as the dollar stores around here, but it's all scrapbooking! I picked up the things on the left from there and somewhere along the line, I picked up the Junkitz papers and quote book. There's transparencies in that one which I think is really cool!



I also picked up a new organization book and a couple of magazines from the CK booth. They give you a voucher to shop at their store in return for volunteering. I had such a fun time working at the CK store. I met so many scrappers that way. The most ironic part is that I saw a mom that I knew from when Alyssa was in elementary school! They had moved to a new school district and I hadn't seen her in years.

My favorite class was one done by Quick Quotes. I've taken a couple of their classes in the past and have not been disappointed. This one was no different. It was a class on embellishing a 10 X 20 canvas. I have never done that before, but I have to say it was FUN! I still have to finish up and add some photos to it. I should have taken the plastic off of this but here what it looks like so far:



I have to finish my projects from the Basic Grey class that I was talking about earlier. We did four layouts in that class...talk about fast paced! She is a great instructor and I always enjoy her classes.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

9 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Wow G... love that sign garden. Looks like some great projects... I have the file set and it's really very handy... especially for covering chipboard and smoothing out all the nooks and crannys.

Treighsie said...

Oooh, a dollar store of scrapbooking stuff!! I'd love that! Sounds like you had a great time!

Unknown said...

I love those signs, how cool are they.

I have that Basic Grey file set too. I have just learnt that the pink plastic end of the biggest file, comes off & underneath it is some more sandpaper. I threw out one file not realising that so I'm a bit annoyed with myself. It's a great set & I use it heaps.

Unknown said...

WOW! I wish I would have known you were going...I was there too.. I also took a couple of classes. 1 was great and the other...so so.. I bought way too much stuff. I was lookng for that BG file set and haven't found it yet....I definitely think that I need it!
I must have missed all of those signs....

Rosemary said...

BG File set? I've never heard of that sounds like I need some more information.

What a great event to got to Glenda, all that choice and you get to go free for volunteering too. WOW.

Glad you had a great time and those projects look wonderful.

Brook said...

Looks like you had a great time and got some great bargains

Vern said...

How fun!
I love the Herman NEBRASKA sign!
I cannot imagine the trouble I would be in at a Dollar Scrapbooking Store! LOL

Diana said...

Wow great pages! Love the stuff you got! What a fun place with all of those literary names!

Didi said...

That scrapping vendor fair sounds amazing! My head is spinning just thinking about it.