Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Better look quick...



I got a very useful book called Organization Tips for Scrapbookers at CKC and started reading through it the other night. I became very ~inspired~ to organize my scrapping space. I spent many hours yesterday going through my scrap area...organizing, cleaning, purging **gasp**, just making it a happier space. I am so pleased with the results **see above** I did such a great job with the reorganization that I have a complete 12X12 drawer that is EMPTY! How cool is that?

One of the biggest things I did yesterday is organize my acrylic stamps. There were all tossed into a drawer and each time I wanted to use them, I would have to dig through to get it. My hubby had a bunch of cd cases in the garage (long story) so I decided to help myself (Thanks K!) to about 2 dozen of them. I put all my acrylic stamps in side the cd cases and labeled them. This is going to make finding my stamps so much easier. It takes up a lot less room too. I think I am going to love that system.



I also took all my embellishments that were in a notebook style organizer and organized them by color. No more flipping through the whole book to see if I can find something I like. Now at least I have a good starting point for finding an embellishment. Yay!

I only have one shelf on my wall for flowers & such. I put my pink flowers in a wine type glass. I really like the look of that. I am in a color embellishment swap and once that is completed, I hope to add more colored wine glasses to the display. I had two large shelves in my other room, but I left them in that room when I moved my stuff. I think I will go get another shelf or two for this room. I really would like to display more. The picture on the wall was drawn by my neighbor. She comes to visit me often.



Here's to an organized & clean scrap area! Anyone want to take bets on how long this will last?

13 comments:

Jenn said...

looks great G!! You can come organize my stuff any time you like :) Maybe then I will actually scrap something

Treighsie said...

Wow Glenda! That is awesome! You must be so proud of yourself-- and rightfully so! Congrats!!

Suzanne said...

Great work on the organisation - I'm very impressed!

lam said...

that looks awesome, you did a great job.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That looks great G! And thank you for helping me with the link!

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I so need that space....mine is awful... I love the wine glass idea...I may borrow that one
Robin
http://tqmnurse.blogspot.com

Brook said...

What an awesome space you have!

Amy Marie said...

awesome organization.... love those glasses!

Vern said...

That is wonderful G!
I love your ideas and may "steal" a few for myself.
Congrats on getting your space organized.

Rosemary said...

That book looks like a real find Glenda. Your space looks really 'useable'.

Shawn said...

Amazing! Talk about a load off your chest, huh? Man, you've won half the battle by getting it organized in the first place.

Nice!

Unknown said...

That looks great G! Well done on getting so organised.

Didi said...

WOW!!! You know if any of that organization bug is still there and you feel like a LONG plane trip I have a scrap room that would keep you busy for a LONG time! ;)