Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

No Water Required

I'm feeling a bit 'fallish' and decided to bring out some of my fall decorations. I put the wreath on my door and added my scarecrow flag. I wanted to put some fall colored flowers in the yard, but with no signs of the drought ending, I'd really have to be careful and water them often. Instead of putting some poor, unsuspecting flowers through a long miserable, wilting death, I decided to do the next best thing...faux flowers! So off to Michael's I went. I think I spent less on them than I would for real flowers. And if I don't have to water them..well, that is all the better! Here is my old wheelbarrow. I had some really pretty summer flowers in it, but they didn't survive the heat and lack of water (see flowers on the ground). I split up my lilies this spring which are the green sprigs that you see. I am hoping that within a couple years time, they will start to multiply and be really pretty ground cover around the bird feeders and pine trees.



I hope to get into my other fall decorations and put them out tomorrow. Happy Fall, Y'all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to use faux flowers outside. It looks really good. I hope the drought breaks soon.

Rosemary said...

That looks really pretty, so much easier than having to remember to water fresh flowers.

Treighsie said...

What a great idea!! They look awesome.

Amy Marie said...

Wow they look real to me... and that wheelbarrow is great looking too.