Pages

Friday, September 7, 2007

Blessings in Disguise

I've been having a bit of trouble with my driver's side front tire. It has had a slow leak for a couple months. About every third day, I (and when I say I, I really mean K) would have to add some air to it. Sometimes I would add it, and it was a pain. The only up is that we have a small air compressor in the garage so at least it was convenient. When I went to get the oil changed, I told the Toyota service people about the leak and asked them to fix it. I assumed it was a nail or something. They could not find the leak, and I have to admit that I was a bit irritated. Aren't they trained to do things like this? This only meant more days of adding air to the tire.

Fast forward to today...I had enough of it and since I have a couple long trips planned, I wanted to make sure my tire was fixed. I took it to Firestone (where I bought the tires)and asked them to look at it. I told them of my problem and my run around with the Toyota people. The guy pulled up my account, and asked why I would take it to Toyota because they would fix it for FREE, and I like **free**. Apparently I had paid a nominal fee for some sort of Road Hazard insurance on the tires that covers if they have a leak. Yahoo! After inspecting the tire, they see that I have a small hole in the sidewall. I don't know what that means, but I guess it isn't good. They gave me a whole new tire for **free**! All I had to pay was the small fee for the hazard insurance again. After getting the tire for free, the fee was well worth it.

I didn't get what I wanted from the Toyota place, but in the long run, I got something much better from Firestone. I guess that can be applied to many things in life. Just my little blessing in disguise for the day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's fantastic that you got the new tyre for almost free. That hazard insurance sure paid off.

Rosemary said...

That's a great service. Glad they found it before it became a whole lot worse and got you caught out somewhere inconvenient

Amy Marie said...

Glad you had the hazard.. I always get it i'm forever finding nails and such with my tires.

Treighsie said...

That is great!!