Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

Welcome to Moe's!

I had the most fabulous day today. A bunch of local scrappers met at Archiver's in Raleigh for some shopping and lunch. As if that wasn't enough...one of the scrappers is a friend from England. She and her husband flew in to Raleigh/Durham for a week's vacation on the coast of NC. I was so thrilled to meet her. Such a wonderful couple. It was awesome to finally meet her IRL since we've been online friends a few years. The accent is absolutely delightful...I could listen for hours! I got to see other scrappy friends that I haven't seen for a while...just a marvelous time.

Here's our group at Archiver's...I'm sure Archiver's racked up this morning!



Jennifer (sacjlc), Janet (scrappychic), me, Jenn (jru10474), Rosemary, Carla (NCKelly) and Nicole is the one sitting.

For lunch, we went to Moe's Southwest Grill. Yummy!! I'd never been there before but I have heard their commercials on the radio. I got the John Coctostan plate...well, I'll let you figure out why this one had me cracking up. It was yummy & I'd get it again. Maybe I can talk K into a trip there. Here's the group eating at Moe's. Janet had to leave early but added to our group is Rosemary's hubby, Chris.



In other news...my dishwasher has gone kerplunk...er, is that kersplash? It's not washing dishes. It acts like it wants to but it just isn't getting any water. So, it is back to basics. It's been so long since I've washed dishes in the sink. And in honor of that momentous occasion...a picture of my sink...tada!



The first load of dishes was fun...a little reminiscent. I can remember washing dishes with my Grandma. She would wash and I would rinse...lots of good memories there. Well, the third sink full of dishes (remember my dishwasher was FULL of dirty dishes when it broke), well, to put it lightly, was not so fun. I have to call the Maytag man to come fix it and hopefully soon. Another you don't know what you got until it's gone story **sigh**

I'm hoping to have a little R&R this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend too!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so great to see all of you girls (and guy :) ) together! Looks like so much fun.

Tyani said...

Wish I could've been there! Looks like you all had a great time!

Vern said...

What a wonderful day you all had G!
Sorry about your dishwasher.
I will think of you when I can't hear the tv in the next room over mine. LOL ;)

Rosemary said...

Thanks forposting the pic Glenda. Hope you get the dishwasher sorted out soon. Hope the R & R was good!

Treighsie said...

I am so jealous!!!
And by the way, I LOVE to wash dishes by hand!!

Amy Marie said...

Wow... you must get that dishwasher fixed soon before you get dish pan hands...

Carla said...

hey, i know those ladies!! (hee-hee) But oh gosh, what a horrible pic of me!! That was SOOO much fun & I can't wait to do it again!