Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Raleigh Red Wolf Ramble

Today I spent a half of a day geocaching. Some of my favorite geocaches involve 'WOLVES'. A couple of years ago, the City of Raleigh Arts Commission sponsored the most successful temporary public art festival Raleigh has ever seen, the Raleigh Red Wolf Ramble! The exhibit closed in April 2002 but some of the wolves are still around the city. There is a geocacher who has put out at least 25 caches that lead you to these spectacular wolves. Today, we went to find "El Lobo Latino". What a really neat wolf. The pic is not that good of me, but I wanted to share it because of the wolf.



The wolf is located at WRAL's TV station. Outside is this really neat piece of art.



I had to cut the day short so I could get home in time for the kids getting out of school. I love it when I get to see neat stuff like that. I wouldn't have seen it without my GPS.

Off to put Jenna to bed and then to do some work.

4 comments:

Amy Marie said...

Wow great pieces G. That eagle is pretty spectaular. How many caches are you up to now?

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful sculpture that is.

Unknown said...

That wolf is just beautiful. Isn't it wonderful where you end up when geocaching?

Unknown said...

Wow...awesome pieces of art and you take such beautiful photos :)