Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sweetness from Costa Rica



I don't know if I have ever bought a fresh pineapple, and I'm really not sure what posessed me to buy one a couple days ago. Maybe the thoughts of Disney's Polynesian Resort and the drinks they are made and served directly in the bottom of the pineapple. I've seen pictures of this tropical drink online and I hope to have one during our trip.

Tonight as I was cooking supper, I decided to slice up this fruity goodness to serve with the meal. As most cooks do, I had to have a taste. OH MY GOODNESS...that is the best pineapple I have ever tasted. So sweet, so juicy, and oh so good. The next thing I know, I have eaten about a quarter of that pineapple right by myself. It was just that delicious. I cut some up to share with the girls and they both agree that it was wonderful. I will definitely have to put it on my list for my next shopping trip.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh that got me drooling G. I love fresh pineapple, Hawaiians are supposed to be the sweetest I think, but they are all gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I just love fresh pineapple. Yummy!

Treighsie said...

Looks yummy!