Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Great Thought

I saw this on another blog...what an inspiring way to think and to live.

To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony.

William Henry Channing

I worked a bit on decluttering again today. I cleared out a whole organizer bin (yay!) and gave everything a new home whether it be a more appropriate spot or the trash bin. I used the left over organizer bin in the linen closet to organize sheets and things. I have a half empty shelf in there. It's a great feeling to get rid of 'stuff'. Dh is getting worried that I may go after his things next...hmmm.

I need to work on getting some more pics up on here. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Treighsie said...

It sure does feel good to de-clutter. Conrgats!

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting more decluttering done, it sounds like an early spring clean to me.

Awesome quote as well, I really like it.