Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

This really sucks!

I'm not usually a fan of the phrase "This sucks", but in this particular case, I have to admit that I am. I finally sucked (there's that word again) it up and bought a brand new vacuum. Ain't she a beauty?



I've been noticing that my old vacuum just hasn't been doing quite as good a job as it should. I've actually noticed it for a while, but just haven't wanted to spend the money on a new one. The mood finally struck me and off we went to Target last night (Saturday) and I picked this one out. K put it together this morning and I gave the whole house a good vacuum. I was amazed at how much 'yuck' this vacuum picked up! The whole house had just been vacuumed on Thursday and I know that we didn't make that much dirt in such a short time. It's got all the neat attachments and even this mini roller thing that works great on the stairway.

As most of you know, Mr. Murphy hangs around this house quite often, and as luck would have it, that same exact vacuum was in the Target sale paper this morning with a bonus $20 gift card for buying the vacuum. Target is known to price match for 2 weeks after you've bought the item, but I wasn't sure if they'd let me get a gift card after the fact. I couldn't let that $20 slip by without giving it a try. Here I go back to Target, less than 24 hours after my initial vacuum purchase. Mr. Murphy cried 'Shotgun' and followed me right to the customer service desk where the girl affirmed my thoughts of not getting the $20 gift card. They weren't getting away with it so fast...it was less than 24 hours since my purchase and I really wanted and felt I deserved the $20 gift card. So off I go, to buy yet another vacuum cleaner and claim the $20 gift card. I walk directly to the vacuums, put the same type in my cart, pay for it at the register, getting my $20 gift card, and then walked directly to the customer service desk to return the vacuum with YESTERDAY's receipt! Aha! Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky, but I got the $20 gift card as advertised in the current circular! Why couldn't they have honored the $20 gift card offer and saved us all the trouble? I guess I can't complain as I'm a happy homemaker with a new vacuum and a $20 gift card to boot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It does make you wonder why they didn't just give you the gift card, how stupid!

It looks like a wonderful vacuum.