Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Did your husband tell you the bad news?

Those are the words that were said by the project manager when I got home from the grocery store today. Hmmm....no, he didn't. I guess I should have seen it coming. I guess all projects have roadblocks, and we just hit one.


I have heard that our garage area was an after thought when building our house, and apparently that is true. When they took off the roof today, they realized what was there - the ceiling area of the garage & computer room - would not pass inspection for them to build on. So now, the ceiling has to come off. That means that ***everything*** has to come out of our garage & computer room, everything. They will remove the ceiling and rebuild it. The sheetrock and everything will have to be removed. Then they will rebuild on top of it. The builders are being awesome about the whole situation. They are getting a pod to be delivered to our house to store our things in. I'm not sure where we will put our computers. I guess we will move into the kitchen or maybe I'll move mine to my bedroom. K definitely has to have the internet for work.


So that was the bad news, but there is good news in this situation - YAY! Since all the furniture and equipment will be out of the computer room, I am going to get new carpet too! Yeehaw!! With everything out of the computer room, this will be the perfect time. It's such a hassle to get everything out, that I'd be crazy not to do it now. So there is my silver lining.


Here's some pictures from today. I took them around lunch time. Now the whole roof is gone.




2 comments:

Amy Marie said...

G, did you want a skylight? :) Looks like deconstruction is going very well!

Jenn said...

wow, I can't believe how different it looks already. Too bad about the ceiling but at least you get the carpet :)