Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fall is Here


There's something about the cool, crisp air this year that made me want to pull out my fall decorations. Maybe because it seems like the cooler air is here much earlier this year, or maybe because I'm tired of melting each time I go outside so I appreciate it more. Either way, yesterday I felt a tug from Mother Nature to give my front porch a touch of autumn. I spent the morning dusting off the fake pumpkins (aren't they great?) and cleaning up the porch area.


Jenna needed a pumpkin for school so we headed to Timmy's Roadside Stand to see if we could find the perfect pumpkin. Not only did we find ONE perfect pumpkin, we found TWO perfect pumpkins. How could we ever choose? So we just brought them both home. They also had the most beautiful flowers. I could have spent hundreds of dollars there easily. But I roped it in and settled for 2 large pots of mixed mums as seen in the photo above. I also got a large concrete bunny. He must weigh about 50 pounds, but he's a cutie. He's yet to find a home in the back yard yet, but maybe tomorrow he'll hop on back and find a good spot. I bet I will find my way back to the stand and get more goodies before it is all over with!

And because I just can't resist....HAPPY FALL, Y'ALL!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your porch looks fantastic. I love the pots of mums, so pretty.

Enjoy the cooler weather, personally I'm waiting for it to warm up down here in the southern hemisphere.

JParnell said...

Your porch looks awesome!! I love mums, I bought 3 medium ones and a pumpkin, I need to start some decorating and buy more!

--Lani

Rosemary said...

Those 'mums' look great Glenda, we've seen lots for sale on our journey.