Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Land of Liberty

Why is it that I am finding U.S. Geography and History more interesting as an adult than I ever did as a young student?  We have covered Connecticut and Delaware on our Road Trip USA and will be heading out to Maine on Monday.  As we discover more about each state, we are also reading from If You Were There When They Signed the Constitution.  It's geared toward grades 2 through 5, but I must admit that I have truly enjoyed reading it.  It's wrote in a question and answer type of format, that keeps Jenna's interest as well.  It is even making me want to take a trip to the Northeast to see some of these historical areas that we are reading. 

Speaking of the Constitution, remember this oldie, but goodie from the School House Rock series?

No comments: