Pages

Monday, June 4, 2007

Time flies....

Wow, it's been too long since I've posted in my blog. Time is flying by. The girls get out of school on Thursday. Alyssa has exams this week and I'm sure Jenna's kindergarten is just enjoying the last few days. I am also looking forward to the last day. I'm ready for a break from the school schedule.

May has been a whirlwind of celebrations - lots of birthdays in May. The biggest one was Alyssa's 16th birthday. She had a party in the new room and she got her license! I made her a really cute cake from a Bob the Builder cake that I got at the store.



She really liked it, and I think it came out really cute. Jenna's birthday party is this Saturday. We are renting one of those huge blow up slides. We've invited some of her friends over. It should be lots of fun for everyone. It's hard to believe that both of my children are growing up so fast!

We spent last Sunday at Flanner's Beach. It's a nice little beach at a state park close to New Bern. We all had a good time. It's so sweet to see Jenna playing with Zach. She does love that boy and wants to be near him all the time.



I hope we get to go back there soon. I heard someone else mention White Lake. I haven't been there in years. It would be nice for us to go this summer. I hope we can have several mini trips before school starts up.

We've been doing a little bit of work in the new room. I've been working on the insulation bit by bit and we've also got some sheetrock put up. Slowly but surely, we'll get it finished up.

Until then,
G

No comments: